FFADO version 2.4.0 is now available. As for version 2.3.0, this version contains mostly incremental improvements and bug fixes. There are no significant new features in this version compared to the last, but users are encouraged to upgrade to pick up the improvements.
This is a source-only release: libffado-2.4.0.tgz.
Notable changes include:
- Numerous build system and code improvements to support architectures such as MIPS, x32 and various PowerPC flavours.
- A large number of fixes for newer versions of gcc (particularly versions 6 and 7).
- Initial support for the optional TCO module of the RME Fireface-800.
- Expanded ffado-mixer support for the Phase88 device.
- Initial work to make ffado-mixer compatible with python3/pyqt5.
- Start work towards compatibility with scons3.
Thanks go out to the developers and users who contributed code and information which went into this release: Plamen Aleksandrov, Daniel Cavalli, Xavier Forestier, Thorsten Glaser, Adrian Knoth, Dominik Meister, Andras Muranyi, Orcan Ogetbil, “Olivier”, Nils Philippsen, Takashi Sakamoto, Shalok Shalom, Stefan Richter, Roland Stigge, “Vince” and Jonathan Woithe. Apologies if I’ve missed anyone - contact us via the mailing list and I’ll be happy to make corrections.